Being in the PTO means plugging in to what's going on here at University Elementary School! As a member, you may do any combination of the following:
- Volunteer time, means, and/or skills towards events
- Join our FB group to remain updated on PTO meetings, planned events, activities, and fundraisers that will happen throughout the school year
- Attend quarterly meetings (4 per year) to vote on events, fundraisers, budget, etc.
- Share ideas and feedback from your unique perspective
- Run or participate in committees that focus on specific tasks
- Vote for the PTO Executive Board when new terms come up
In order to volunteer at events, all you need to do is first fill out a form with the CVSD (https://cvsdvolunteers.hrmplus.net) and then sign up for events as they come up throughout the school year!
Nope. :) The PTO is a way to stay in the know about events going on at the school and connect with a community of parents/guardians. Volunteering helps us to put on the best events possible, but we know it's not feasible for everyone and it's not required.